Staying at our gay self-catering holiday accommodation means you can be as energetic or lazy as you wish - we are in Italy after all! Our gardens have numerous places to chill and take a well deserved rest with your lover. The grounds offer a variety of secluded tracks all waiting to be explored at leisure, whilst the Umbrian countryside offers a wide variety of sports activities for both novice and enthusiast....
- Swim in our 15 x 5 metre horizon swimming pool with its salt system naturally producing chlorine and heated by solar panels, which is open from June to September.
- Relax in a traditional Finnish sauna heated by a wood burning stove, situated together in a log cabin overlooking the Chiascio valley. Outdoors you'll find a deck with reclining chairs and a shower with icy water straight from our spring.
- Enjoy massages including shiatsu and reflexology, available by appointment with one of three qualified masseuses.
- Lounge with a good book
- Or why not come and join us in November and help with our olive harvest?
The many white roads and tracks in Valdichiascio offer a variety of walks and cycling opportunities. Information on the large selection of circular routes is available at the house. Walk down to the valley floor and dip in one of the deep river pools, through shady woodland, or discover the hauntingly beautiful chiesetta and abbeys on the Sentiero Francescano della Pace.
For a bit more adventure, all within two hours or less by car:
- Hang gliding: From the hills behind Gubbio and Gualdo Tadino which offer proper updraughts
- Trekking and Mountain Biking: Monte Cucco National Park between Gubbio and Gualdo Tadino offers many marked trekking and mountain bike routes, as well as potholing opportunities in the spectacular Frassasi caves
- White Water Rafting, Kayaking and Tubing: available at the Cascate delle Marmore near Terni
- Excellent beaches: on the Adriatic coast at Fano and Conero
- Thermal Springs: I adore the simplicty of the open air thermal spring at San Casciano
- Golf: The eighteen hole championship course at Antognollo is within one hours drive. We can book tee times or the driving range for you.
- Tennis: Clay courts can be booked in Gubbio.